Throttle cable - Is this normal?

LAC_STS

Master Chief Petty Officer

Is it normal to have this kind of play in a throttle cable?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Throttle cable - Is this normal?

Those look like the old 400 series control cables. If the end play is not at the set screw points you video taped, then the end play is in your control box at the helm. Those cables are straight through from the control box connections to the two set type screws at the control area on the engine. Check to see if the set screws are tight and then work from there to the control box...

LAC_STS

Master Chief Petty Officer

Those look like the old 400 series control cables. If the end play is not at the set screw points you video taped, then the end play is in your control box at the helm. Those cables are straight through from the control box connections to the two set type screws at the control area on the engine. Check to see if the set screws are tight and then work from there to the control box...

Thanks

Think they are 479 type old style cables. There is a plastic wheel you can adjust on the bracket by the carb. I did install a new BRP remote control. I will see if I see any adjustments on it.

When I throttle down sometimes (but not always) the cab doesnt go down into an idle RPM it gets stuck at about 1500 - 1800 RPMs, then I have to do push the carb linkage to get it to go back down.

Ill check the remote control when I go to the boat probably Thursday.

Bondo

Staff member

Thanks

Think they are 479 type old style cables. There is a plastic wheel you can adjust on the bracket by the carb. I did install a new BRP remote control. I will see if I see any adjustments on it.

When I throttle down sometimes (but not always) the cab doesnt go down into an idle RPM it gets stuck at about 1500 - 1800 RPMs, then I have to do push the carb linkage to get it to go back down.

Ill check the remote control when I go to the boat probably Thursday.

Ayuh,.... The cable is supposed to put tension against the idle screw,...

Adjust yer slop to the high side,...