Part number for outdrive drain screw.

Ck111484

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I stripped the crap out of the starboard drain screw on my '93 Cobra drive while winterizing last year, and had to drill it out to remove it; obviously I need a new one now.
Does anyone know the part number for the starboard drain screw? '93 Cobra drive, engine code 502APRJVB.
Are all the drain screws the same?
Is this the right screw?

http://www.boatpartheadquarters.com...-9-72659.htm?gclid=CJLK57fhx70CFY0-MgodJhEAeQ

And while we're at it... I accidentally joined the club of people who removed the "do not remove" screw last fall. Does anyone know the part number for that? I'm planning on just fishing mine out along with the plate, but just to be safe I may order a new one as well.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks!

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Part number for outdrive drain screw.

I stripped the crap out of the starboard drain screw on my '93 Cobra drive while winterizing last year, and had to drill it out to remove it; obviously I need a new one now.
Does anyone know the part number for the starboard drain screw? '93 Cobra drive, engine code 502APRJVB.
Are all the drain screws the same?
Is this the right screw?

And while we're at it... I accidentally joined the club of people who removed the "do not remove" screw last fall. Does anyone know the part number for that? I'm planning on just fishing mine out along with the plate, but just to be safe I may order a new one as well.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks!

Ayuh,.... Drain plugs are 'bout All the same,.... 99% of 'em are 3/8"-16, some with a magnet, most without,...

Don't worry 'bout the tab, it's in there,....
'ell,... epoxy the hole shut, won't hurt a thing,...

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

OMC part number is 0318544.

The drain and the fill(middle screw) are the same.

O-ring part number is 0333572

Last edited:

Lou C

Supreme Mariner

The new style OE ones I got from my dealer use an allen recess in them instead of the screwdriver slot (same plugs are used on Evinrude outboards) and you should change the fiber gaskets each time. Go with the allen ones you'll have less trouble that way.