stainless steel exhaust elbows

Redrig

Master Chief Petty Officer
Hello all,

I have a 77 OMC with a 302 and my stock manifolds are shot (not frozen, just old) , so I am in the process of converting to the barr style center risers manifold type since the log style oem manifolds are NLA.

I have a question, I am unable to locate any elbows for my 90 degree downturn from the riser down to the intermediate.

I have found some stainless steel elbows that are made of SS304 that will work, but is that material OK to use in this application ?

the boat will never see salt water.

Thank you

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: stainless steel exhaust elbows

Hello all,

I have a 77 OMC with a 302 and my stock manifolds are shot (not frozen, just old) , so I am in the process of converting to the barr style center risers manifold type since the log style oem manifolds are NLA.

I have a question, I am unable to locate any elbows for my 90 degree downturn from the riser down to the intermediate.

I have found some stainless steel elbows that are made of SS304 that will work, but is that material OK to use in this application ?

the boat will never see salt water.

Thank you

Ayuh,... If the SSteel elbows will fit properly, 'n bolt on,...

Sure Go for it,... SSteel is Way better than cast iron, even in freshwater,... More so in the Brine,...

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: stainless steel exhaust elbows

The stainless steel with tend to deplete the iron of the manifolds over time. So, it is something to be aware of.