twin '88 omc 5L a-sudden wont crank, both started b4 fine.

darincs

Recruit
Hi folks,
'88 bayline OMC twin cobra's twin 5.0chevy's. Either engine started fine about a month ago. (last time I started them) batteries are up to par, no power supply problems All connections very clean. between that time I did work on fuel gauge (it's the float). I"m pretty sure I didnt step on anything and disconnect it ( afterall thats why I'm working on it myself. CAN'T TRUST ANYONE/BUISNESS) Now..... why won't either one of them crank anymore? The 50a fuse is good. what would be common amongst these two enignes that would prohibit cranking. the ignitions swithes are not easily accesable hence can't be the problem , esspecially considering there's TWO enigines and two keys. whats the likelyhood of two things going at once?..... please no shots in the dark, i'm fully capable of that myself, just not capable of chasing and paying for it. This IS an electrical problem. any sujjestions?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: twin '88 omc 5L a-sudden wont crank, both started b4 fine.

Hi folks,
'88 bayline OMC twin cobra's twin 5.0chevy's. Either engine started fine about a month ago. (last time I started them) batteries are up to par, no power supply problems All connections very clean. between that time I did work on fuel gauge (it's the float). I"m pretty sure I didnt step on anything and disconnect it ( afterall thats why I'm working on it myself. CAN'T TRUST ANYONE/BUISNESS) Now..... why won't either one of them crank anymore? The 50a fuse is good. what would be common amongst these two enignes that would prohibit cranking. the ignitions swithes are not easily accesable hence can't be the problem , esspecially considering there's TWO enigines and two keys. whats the likelyhood of two things going at once?..... please no shots in the dark, i'm fully capable of that myself, just not capable of chasing and paying for it. This IS an electrical problem. any sujjestions?

Ayuh,.... Ya start at the Batteries, 'n Starters, not at the key switches,...

The link posted by Levinz11 will put ya Right where ya gotta be, 'n with the tools ya need to figure it out,...