1987 omc 2.3l- outdrive and trim questions.

Galaxie1989

Cadet
I have omc 2.3l omc cobra. I am a noob and this has been a project boat for me. I got the boat from a friend who had it sitting for a few years in the weather. Ive changed alot of parts and cleaned up alot to get this engine running. now that its running i have a couple more issues. The trim for one is not working. The solenoids are clicking but nothing. motor not humming or anything. Does this definitely mean motor is bad or what can i check prior to buying new trim motor. any advice helps simple or not. secondly im attaching photos of a cover missing on outdrive. is this cover important? probably no way i can get this part for this year outdrive im guessing should i find some way to plug these ports? if anyone can help me or attach links that can help id greatly appreciate it. thanksphoto (8).jpg

photo (6).jpg

photo (7).jpg

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1987 omc 2.3l- outdrive and trim questions.

The wear or thrust plate for the port side isin't available but the plate for the other side is???
They're not really needed. boats . net says they have it? I hate boats . net worst place on the net to buy parts,slow,no cust service,no follow up, etc.
The solenoids(clicking) make sure the solenoids are actually getting power through(test light).
Get a manual of some kind. The gear oil needs to be filled a special way or the drive can go bad??