impeller change on 96 volvo penta 5.0 fl with cobra sx outdrive

zach12

Recruit
Just bought a 1996 Four Winns 190 Horizon DLX. The Engine is a Volvo Penta 5.0 fl with a cobra sx outdrive. A guy I work with who has always owned boats said to make sure to change the impeller. I was originally told it was in the lower unit, but have since learned on the volvo penta it is in the engine, operated by a pulley. Just curious if anyone has links to diagrams and possible parts numbers I could use to locate the proper part. Thanks!

Engine serial T01284339
model 502APHUE

chefred112

Recruit
Re: impeller change on 96 volvo penta 5.0 fl with cobra sx outdrive

no, it's in the engine compartment, you can look to see where all the belts run to and whichever pulley that has 2 hoses running out the back, that's usually it, and it's usually the lower left or right in engine compartment...I'll take a look at mine tonight and see, I've change mine years ago and i know it wasn't that hard to do..I have a 95 Four Winns Horizon..although it says OMC all over the place, it is the sx outdrive.

HalfFish5087

Petty Officer 1st Class

Zach, I was going to help you and get you a part no., but I think you got the wrong serial no. Look on the back of the port side valve cover as you should find the correct no.s here.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Your model and serial numbers are OMC, not Volvo.

Here is the BRP part catalog so you can look up parts for your engine and outdrive.
BRP -- Parts Catalogs

Going to go ahead and move this over to the OMC forum.