1991 OMC Cobra 4.3L Ignition pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSPBoater

Recruit
I have checked on lots of sites only to find zero available. Since nobody manufactures these packs any more it seems that everybody who owns this type of engine gets referenced to a distributor conversion.I have read on this forum that a EST delco kit is a good replacement.Can anyone give me info about when this conversion is done that it works well in a boat with twin engines.Just a note the one engine works fine with pack.The diagnosis has been determined that one ignition pack is bad.Also would anybody know where one could purchase such a conversion kit in Canada.
:confused:

4winns91

Recruit
I have a 91 OMC 4.3 cobra it had a bid prestilite elctronic ignition that part is no longer made so this marina gave me a prestolite with points. I had also recently buaght a new motor (longblock) for the motor put it all together and had nothing but ignition problems with it. long story short, the heads are now bad some scaring in the piston walls and the warrentee is voided. all do to timing and carb issues. not sure what to do since no more parts are available.

every one I talk to about after market parts just never seem to understand this mortor because I mention converting the points dist back to electronic and they say that the electronic conversion kits they have wont work with the electronic shift module. but I also have shift lockout or interuptor

Status
Not open for further replies.