1997 four winns with twin 4.3 TBI engine replacement help

01rn

Recruit
I have a 1997 Four winns Vista 278 I got that has water damage. needless to say im going to need new engines. It has twin 4.3 TBI with sx drives. first off where is the casting numbers on them? Secondly what year range of say a s10 has the same block? I have access to get wrecked vehicles really cheap and would strip the engine down and check it all over and use only the block, heads, and rotating assebly. I will change the cams of course. The tag on mine reads model 43fbplkd. I was on VP's website and according to the decode it says it doesnt exist as the f stands for ford? they are obviosuly chevy 4.3 vortecs. Any help would be greatly appreciated

dypcdiver

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 1997 four winns with twin 4.3 TBI engine replacement help

Try replacing the F with a P. My engine looked like it started with an F too.

01rn

Recruit

Thanks for the responses. So how would I find out what Year range of 4.3 in like a blazer would be the same?

Bondo

Staff member

I have a 1997 Four winns Vista 278 I got that has water damage. needless to say im going to need new engines. It has twin 4.3 TBI with sx drives. first off where is the casting numbers on them? Secondly what year range of say a s10 has the same block? I have access to get wrecked vehicles really cheap and would strip the engine down and check it all over and use only the block, heads, and rotating assebly. I will change the cams of course. The tag on mine reads model 43fbplkd. I was on VP's website and according to the decode it says it doesnt exist as the f stands for ford? they are obviosuly chevy 4.3 vortecs. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,..... The castin' #s are aft of the portside head, on the bellhousin' flange...

There should be Stamping #s, just ahead of the starboard-side head, on the blocks deck,...

Hot roddin' forums will have Info in decodin' both of those numbers....