aluminum heads? marine head gaskets or automotive?

34 ford

Cadet
Hi,
I have a 1988 Bayliner 2155 with a 5.7 OMC engine. Bought it last summer took it up to the lake and ran
it for about 20 min. shut it off because the temp. got up to 180*. Then tried to start it back up after I let it cool down.
Would not start back up . After getting back home, found out it had hydrolocked on me.
After getting the water out of the cyls. and changeing the oil and filter. I started it back up in the driveway with the garden hose, and it heated back up to 180* in about 15 min. Shut it back down, took the exhaust manifolds and risers off and they were bocked wth quite a bit of rust, so replaced them with new ones, and also put in new flappers in the exhaust, and thermostat 160*. Put a kit in the water impeller in the outdrive.
Started it up in the driveway with the garden hose got up to 175* then cooled back down to 150*.
Took it up to the lake went about 20 min. again heated back up to 185*. Shut it down let it cool down, tried to start it back up, would not start.
Took it back home hydrolocked again.
The guy that had it before me put Holley Hp aluminum heads on it plus a Holley HP intake manifold and carb.
The only thing else I could think to do was to take the heads off to see if they were warped or may be a blown head gasket.
The heads are warped the block surface is fine.
My question is should I have the heads resurfaced and put them back on, or is aluminum heads not a good idea, or should I find some cast iron ones. Also he had put automotive head gaskets on, or should I use marine type head gaskets only?
Thanks for any help.