1986 omc cobra 3.0L

SS chubby

Recruit
I put the battery in backwards and connected the cables wrong. was in a hurry and damaged something. Now it won't start at all. no power. The tilt and trim still functions but not the starter blower or the bildge pump. I jumped the starter and it does spin. What now? Please help.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1986 omc cobra 3.0L

I put the battery in backwards and connected the cables wrong. was in a hurry and damaged something. Now it won't start at all. no power. The tilt and trim still functions but not the starter blower or the bildge pump. I jumped the starter and it does spin. What now? Please help.

Ayuh,... Find the circuit breaker or fuse on yer motor, 'n reset/ change it...

ccsears1981

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1986 omc cobra 3.0L

Your trim takes so much power it runs on a seperate fuse on its own thats why it still works. There is a 20 Amp fuse that comes off your ignition switch. It could be under the dash, I have an 89 2.3 omc and mine are located in the back side of the engine there are two wires in a metal holder that have rubber boots with a wire safety around them. Just take the wire off and pull the boot apart to see the fuse. Try that and if still no power you may have fried the ignition switch or starter selenoid.