Installing Blue Sea Add a Battery system and one wire alternator...

Linecoach97

Cadet
I have a 1990 Seaswirl Topaz (Striper) with a 3.0 OMC Cobra sterndrive. I've worked for years with autos but I am fairly inexperienced with boats. My alternator went bad so I have replaced the original with a 105 amp single wire (reccomended by the local boat shop). I have a dual battery system and I am installing a Blue Sea ACR and Dual circuit battery switch to facilitate the charging of both batteries. My questions begin with where to run the alternator to? The manufacturer reccomends running directly to the battery, while I have found several wiring diagrams, very few address one wire alternators and where to route them. Some actually show running the alternator into the battery isolator switch. My second question pertains to how and where to run the Start Isolation (SI) wire. I know it goes to the ignition switch, but does it replace the existing wiring, or simply tie into the ignition wiring? Do you tie it in "under dash", at the starter, or is there a better location (like a relay switch) that is easier to access? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and happy boating!