Pertronix ignitor II - ESA Module

marroan2

Cadet
I have a 1984 OMC 5.7 with a 800 series outdrive. I purchased a Pertronix ignitor II electronic ignition to install instead of the points. I wanted to know if there is a way to identify what ESA module I have. From what I read the newer ESA modue doesn't require the diode and resistor fix. The ESA was on the boat when I got it and I'm not sure if it was ever replaced. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kylejb2663

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Pertronix ignitor II - ESA Module

I have a 1984 OMC 5.7 with a 800 series outdrive. I purchased a Pertronix ignitor II electronic ignition to install instead of the points. I wanted to know if there is a way to identify what ESA module I have. From what I read the newer ESA modue doesn't require the diode and resistor fix. The ESA was on the boat when I got it and I'm not sure if it was ever replaced. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just joined this site so I am probably not to much help. But I myself have a Cobra Out drive and I am looking at doing electronic ignition as well. I purchased a brand new ESA module that works with my points right now but will work once I purchase the Pentronix Ignition Kit. This is the link.

http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=90470F