OMC engine couplers

zbnutcase

Commander
Just as a FYI, Sierra this year now has 2.3L Cobra couplers and also 460 King Cobra couplers, new items, just hitting the market now

Joshua Nichols

Lieutenant
Re: OMC engine couplers

I notice there is some 460 aftermarket KING COBRA exahust manifolds out too.. I thought that was a make or break part

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: OMC engine couplers

I notice there is some 460 aftermarket KING COBRA exahust manifolds out too.. I thought that was a make or break part

Yeah......

Both of them are "Make or Break" parts..... About $2000 combined for both. ($700 for the manifold (ea) and about $400 for the coupler........+ tax and shipping) Then if you need risers, I think they are available.......around $250 each (+tx/shipping) SO......more than $2500 could get somebody going.........

This'll give some people a little lease on life if they have a 460.

Since here's still a few parts that simply won't ever be made though like the flywheel housing, and a couple of others......I'll still never recommend anyone buy a boat with with a 460 King Kobra inside...... (DANGER DANGER, RUN WILL ROBINSON..... RUN!!!)

(I sold my flywheel housing to a guy that has his destroyed by a coupler that literally EXPLODED when it came unglued:eek:......lot'sa power there in a 460.....when they break......they break BIG!!)

It'll probably always be better to part one out so there's more parts for the people that are still stuck with them......