Where to buy water pump/alternator/power steering pump belt for OMC cobra V8 1987

hn2704

Seaman Apprentice
I need to buy a new set of belt for my GM 1987 V8 5.7L (water pump/alternator and water pump/power steering pump)but can't seem to find them in auto part store. I tried ebasicpower.com and iboat store but can't find any. can anyone give me some pointers: where to buy? generic part number?can I use belts for Mercruiser or others?
Thanks

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Where to buy water pump/alternator/power steering pump belt for OMC cobra V8 1987

Look just above your post. Then click on OMC IO Parts

hn2704

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Where to buy water pump/alternator/power steering pump belt for OMC cobra V8 1987

That where I went to but couldn't find any. However, I forgot the power of search :). Found them. thanks Don

Coors

Captain

and made Don type his favorite string of letters; OMC.

LOL

Don S

and made Don type his favorite string of letters; OMC.

LOL

That's not near as bad as what I did at work Friday. I had to replace the water pump on a stringer, electric shift. hi profile, corroded up Piece of ..... well let's just say I had nightmares. What a horrible experience. Still can't get the "Stringer" off my hands. :p :p

Coors

Captain

Hum, I thought you got picky on what you worked on, after the retirement.

Don S

Nah, just thought I would check one out and see what all the stinger jocks fond so great with them. After half an hour with the blue tipped wrench and a half inch air impact wrench I got down to where the water pump was able to be knocked off with a hammer. I now know what was so great about them. Absolutely nothing. Hard to work on, awkward to handle, etc, etc.
Will never do another one. Yea, I have that choice.