Question in Regards to SEI Convesion KIT

Galaxytandy

Seaman Apprentice
Hey Boaters.
My Application: 88 Galaxie Works OMC 350
Just wondering if any of you know if the SEI outdrive conversion kit will bolt up to any standard SBC (NON LS1)? The reason is, I plan on gutting the entire engine and outdrive on my boat. TOO MANY issues with current setup. I do plan on keeping the boat. So it makes sense to me to put newer stuff in. My friends tell me to put the SEI drive in it but I wanted to see if this would mount to and standard SBC. Thank you
Chris

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... The SEI conversion kit, converts the OMC transom housin' to accept the Merc Alpha 1, Gen.II drives,....

Got nothin' to do with the motor,....

btw,... I'll move this to the OMC forum for ya,....

Bondo

Staff member
The motor has NOTHING to do with the SEI conversion unit,....

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
all SBC/BBC/LS motors have same flywheel housing mounting pattern

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
If you're gutting out all the old stuff why not just get an Alpha transom assembly and then you don't have to use the conversion kit. Might be better to replace 30 year old OMC Cobra transom mount while you're at it.

Galaxytandy

Seaman Apprentice
Lou
Thanks for information. I spoke to my local marine shop. And they have just that as you stated. Im going to swap motor with used (LOW HOURS) mercruiser 454 and outdrive. Again if I didn't plan on keeping this boat for a while I would prolly just move it. But I do wanna keep it for a while. I'm brand new at this boating stuff and so far my experience has been bitter sweet.
Chris

Galaxytandy

Seaman Apprentice
Just wondering. How much do you think I can get for my OMC stuff? I would imagine NOT MUCH LOL
Chris

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Not sure but what kind of shape is it in?
Might be interested in the complete transom assembly (inclu trim Rams & steering actuator)

Galaxytandy

Seaman Apprentice
its IN good shape. Im taking down to the shop in little while I can forward you some pictures if you like?