Spark Arrestor OMC 4.3L V6 1987

Sirriachi

Recruit
Hello Everyone,

Let me start off by saying I'm sorry I don't have the model number of the engine because the plate with that information was faded out.

But I found the engine on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omc-4-3-Liter-6-cylinder-Marine-engine-/182826185061

Can anyone direct me to which spark arrestor I can put on the Carb? Also does it have to have the 2 hoses for the breather plugs? Right now they are just out in the atmosphere.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard

not sure if you posted the Ebay pic because you have a similar motor or that is the motor you bought

as far as spark arrestors, the company that made them for mercruiser, volvo, omc, etc. sell them per application.....throat size, air flow, one or two vent bungs

so if you have a 2-barrel or a 4-barrel, the throat size will be different. a 4-barrel will have 5-1/8" throat size. and with all V6,s or V8's they will require two vent tube bungs.

ebay or craigslist is probably your best source. they are going for about $50-80

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Hello Everyone,

Let me start off by saying I'm sorry I don't have the model number of the engine because the plate with that information was faded out.

But I found the engine on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omc-4-3-Liter-6-cylinder-Marine-engine-/182826185061

Can anyone direct me to which spark arrestor I can put on the Carb? Also does it have to have the 2 hoses for the breather plugs? Right now they are just out in the atmosphere.

Howdy,

Welcome aboard!

You're actually looking for a "FLAME" Arrestor (spark arrestors are for exhaust)

If you do a simple search You'll find a plethora of them at Jegs, Summit Racing, eBay, etc for about $75+

Any model that will fit your carburetor that allows you to close the engine cover will work.

Cheers,

Rick