Location of drain plugs

luckyjim17

Cadet
I would ask that if someone had a photo of location of drain points to drain water for winterization to post them.

southkogs

Staff member
Check port side of the block, below the manifold. That's where they were on the 6cyl. Might be a couple of them.

Welcome aboard.

luckyjim17

Cadet
I see nothing on port side. One possibility on starboard that appears to also house a temperature sensor. Agree, there may be a couple. Just want to make sure..

Bondo

Staff member
is a 2.5L OMC inboard I see nothing on port side.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,..... Look closer,..... The starboard side of the block is the oil side,...

Down low on the port side, 'bout mid-block, just above the oil pan is the drain port for that motor,...
The manifold drain is just above the block drain, on the bottom side of the manifold, upside-down,....
Also, if ya got P/S, there's the P/S cooler in the hose comin' from the drive,....
'n ya oughta pull the Big hose off the circulatin' water pump, as it can hide 'bout another quart of water,....

luckyjim17

Cadet
Bondo, I realize the port side is opposite the starboard side .. .lol. I will look again on the port side but will be gone for a number of days. Appreciate your help.