Proper venting of the engine dog house--88 OMC 5.7

ab59

Ensign
I am installing the 3" vent hoses at the engine of my Starcraft 20' aluminum . There are 2 hoses on each side at the transom . On the pass side there is the blower and one line that goes to the bilge and up to a double vent at the gunnel. The other side has not blower but does have two more hoses just like the other side. In addition there are two more round holes cut in the gunnels towards the windshield that I do not know if they were just vents with no hoses or what there purpose is. Some one must have a system like this that could post a picture of their complete routing set up ? I have been looking for days to find something similar but have been unable to find anything close to what I need. Maybe someone knows of a diagram of a v-8 venting system ?
thanks----a.b.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... The out-bound hose, the 1 with the blower should suck the fumes from very near the bottom of the bilge, as that's where gas fumes go,...

The rest of the hoses, really don't matter,....
The wind is blown in, wherever the hoses are, it don't matter where,...
Ditto the holes ya see more forward,... they're fine as they are,...

ab59

Ensign
Great , I'll go with that , thanks. It is amazing how little good information is available for these vent systems.
a.b