4.3 omc milky oil

So I bought and installed a new/used engine in my boat first tested it by blocking off all water lines pressurized system to 20psi it held for a good ten minutes I also compression tested the cylinders every one had 150psi so I figured no crack in block. Went ahead with installation engine started and ran great took it to the lake and it somehow is still getting water in the oil where could this be coming from. Please help I have less than 2 weeks to either get refund of $1250.00 for engine from PayPal and remove it if the block is cracked. I just don't we how it can be considering it passed all the pressure tests

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard

did you use your old exhaust manifolds? are they the bat-wing style? if so, your manifolds may be the issue.

I used the omc high rise exhaust manifolds that came on the engine I bought didn't change them for the ones from my other engine. How can I test if they are bad

Scott Danforth

Staff member
you have to pressure test them. however if they look like these, they are junk and prone to failure

fetch

And they will allow water to get into my oil? Can you please explain how I don't understand how this is possible since they aren't connected to the oil system. Thank you for fast reply and help I've been struggling for weeks

Scott Danforth

Staff member
pull off your manifolds and pressure test them.

do you have an engine oil cooler? they sometimes fail and can mix water with the oil.

I don't know if i do. Where would it be? This is my first i/o I've always had outboard motors in past. Engine was great until I ruined it by not correctly winterizing it so I'm learning the hard way unfortunately and still trying to pull wife's foot from rear end over engine purchase.