Delco Voyager electronic ignition conversion

I converted my 1986 4.3l OMC cobra to the Delco Voyager electronic ignition. My question is: with the Delco Voyager system is the ESA module still used? According to the included instructions, the ESA unit is no longer used. I cannot get an answer from CDI or Delco regarding this. I just had the outdrive rebuilt and I do not want to risk ruining the gears. I found a website that contains instructions for the Delco Voyager and it looks like the ESA is still used but that ESA looks nothing like mine. Somebody out there has to know the answer to this. Does the Voyager eliminate the ESA unit? The way it is set up on the boat now, the shift interrupt switch does stumble the motor if it is operated manually. Any help would be appreciated!

chiguy454

Seaman Apprentice
I did this conversion last summer on my on my 5.7 cobra. I believe the module is eliminated and the shift interrupt switch is wired to distributor. I added a 5a fuse as well to protect if anything went wrong. Everything works as it should and it shifts in and out of gear very well.

chiguy454

Seaman Apprentice
I have the wiring schematic saved on my pc, I can check and post it for you when I get home this evening.