1987 Sea Ray s19 Owners Manual - Need Wiring Diagram.

Tracker12

Seaman
Anyone have a extra copy of a 1987 Sea Ray S19 owners manual. I need to look up the wiring diagram. I have no power to the ignition. Any ideas? Fuse box? Thank you

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
boats dont really have owners manuals. however the drive system does, which includes the electrical to the ignition switch

you can find manuals on-line here: http://boatinfo.no/lib/library.html

start with a digital multi-meter and start testing.

Check in the following order:
do you have a good connection between battery and starter? if not, clean battery terminals
do you have battery voltage at the red wire on the big round connector? if not, check big circuit breaker
do you have battery voltage at the back of the ignition switch on the B terminal? if not, check wiring between ignition switch and big round connector
do you have battery voltage at the I terminal at the back of the ignition switch with the key on? this would be the purple wire. if not, replace ignition switch
do you have battery voltage at the safety lanyard switch (you may or may not have safety lanyard switch) this is still the purple wire. if no voltage after lanyard switch, replace switch
do you have battery voltage at the big round connector purple wire? if not check wiring between ignition switch and big round connector
do you have battery voltage at coil (again, purple wire)? if not, check wiring harness on motor.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
No power to the ignition is a motor problem. What do you have and it can be moved to the right section.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Just saw your starter thread, - Moving this into the OMC section.