Help... water's coming out of engine

Chrischris1982

Recruit
Hello my fellow boaters.
I'm not a mechanic I just love my boat a lot so I went to started up for the first time this year and this is what happened I posting a video .anybody could tell me what is going on that would be awesome. If the videos not working there's water coming out of a hole where I don't think water supposed to be coming out of. I will take more pictures and post them on here anybody's opinion or help would be awesome. It's coming on the little black hole on the bottom right between all three of those cranks I'm sure the picture on here is not the best but I can take another one if need be .The nearest boat mechanic for me is over a hundred miles away

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-02-13-20-33.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-02-13-20-33.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

Is the circled spot the leaking area? It looks a core plug. What motor?

coreplug.PNG

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,..... It looks like either the core plug is steel, 'n rusted out,....
Or,...
Yer winterization failed, 'n it froze, pushin' the core plug out,....

wrench 3

Commander
To fix that one you could remove the power steering pump and hammer in a new one. However, depending on what happened to that one, you may need to replace the other 9 or so that are in the engine. It wouldn't be good if one let go when you're out on the water. They should be stainless steel but an automotive one would work temporarily if your marine parts supplier is also a hundred miles away.
You should also give serious thought to replacing those drive belts.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Amen on the drive belts. The alternator is so loose its funny it is not screaming for help under higher electrical loads.