OMC 2.3L manifold nuts

nennedk

Seaman
Hi. One of my 5 manifolds nuts needs to be replaced. I believe that the part no. is 0912506. Many US shops have them, but I live in Denmark and can't find a shop who has them. I dont think that they are so special, but dont seems to be metric, so if someone could tell me the size and thread type it would be great. Thanks.

nennedk

Seaman
Ok, the other 4 nuts is actually not lock nuts, but they do have a spring washer (is that what it's called :)) instead. I will try if a 3/8-16 nut will fit. Thanks for your time.

alldodge

Staff member
Ok, the other 4 nuts is actually not lock nuts, but they do have a spring washer (is that what it's called :)) instead. I will try if a 3/8-16 nut will fit. Thanks for your time.

Spring washer, some call split washer and most call lock washer on this side of the pond :) . Wonder if the nuts were replaced at one time with lock washers and standard nuts

nennedk

Seaman
The manifold is not original so the nuts were probably changed when it got installed. I have found a local shop who has nuts in us sizes to around 1 USD. Seems to be a cheap fix for a change :)
I have measured the inner size of the old nut to be around 10mm (without much threads left) so 3/8 which should be 9.5250mm seems right. Thanks again.

nennedk

Seaman
Sorry, forgot to report back. It actually was metric, so M10 worked perfect :) Sometimes it really is the easiest solution thats the right one.