I have 1970 fiberfoarm i/o omc what are my specs what is size engine horce power?

Ronnie45

Recruit
1970 omc fiberform boat v8 is it a chevy or ford moter?

I've had this boat for years had outdrive repaired professionally rebuilt the heads the wiring was all screwed up I think I bought the boat from a tweaked wire head. Gauges need rewiring I use to have a manual for boat went out of state for years and put stuff in storage cant find yet.but if someone can help id really appreciate it.as much money I've dumped in the boat still haven't used it but for now need to know engine make and size wiring help and get gauges working for now this is my first post and there will be more I just know it thanks Ron45

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to iboats

The 1970 OMC brochure only shows one V8 that year, a 210 hp 307cu.in. So it's a chevy

BTW this belongs in the OMC I/O section, not Props

Last edited:

Ronnie45

Recruit
Ive been working on off for years on boat please help with specs / what size engine /horse power what kind of outdrive/ is engine chevy or ford it is v/8 or where can I look on engine and outdrive for right numbers thanks

southkogs

Staff member
On your engine there should be an ID tag ... generally on (or near) one of the rear mounts. Yours should read something like "TUFM-19E." If you locate that number, it'll tell you what you've got.

Welcome aboard.