Shift cable

93seaswirl

Cadet
So I have been having shifting problems and was told I needed a new shift cable, it's the one for the fuel injected 302, the mechanic told me they had to order it and it's on back order, he also told me it's an omc specific part, if that's the case then it isn't a back order part it's a part that they can't get anymore ?

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
So I have been having shifting problems and was told I needed a new shift cable, it's the one for the fuel injected 302, the mechanic told me they had to order it and it's on back order, he also told me it's an omc specific part, if that's the case then it isn't a back order part it's a part that they can't get anymore ?
Howdy,

If you post your model number most of us can tell you where it will come from. It's very hard to determine anything with "It's the one for the fuel injected 302"

Year model of the boat is not very helpful either since boat manufacturers frequently use different year engines in the same year.

"Back-Order" can also mean many things but it usually means that they have to order it from a manufacturer (BRP or Volvo Penta depending on the model)

93seaswirl

Cadet
They actually called me back and said that they found one, I haven't had the best of luck with this boat and being a first time boat owner I've learned the hard way lol

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
They actually called me back and said that they found one, I haven't had the best of luck with this boat and being a first time boat owner I've learned the hard way lol
Yeah. Sorry about that.......That part number was for an interim (NON-SX) cone clutch Cobra. MANY parts for it are no longer available.

Many EFI parts for the EFI on that vintage engine are also NLA. If something goes wrong with your EFI system, you may be replacing it with a carburetor to keep it running.

"Baby" it!

Regards,

Rick