Anyone have the webpage for the nicer version of the hastings shift adjustment guide?

Thajeffski

Master Chief Petty Officer
I came across a website that laid out what he said in a bit more easy to understand guide, has anyone else seen this one? Do you remember where you found it?

Or - is there a "complete dummies guide to OMC shift cable" walk through?

I'm kind of up a stream without a paddle. I've read the hastings site, the official repair manual a few times.. just looking for something a little easier to understand then the manual. I also can't find ANYONE at the boat yard who knows how to do it... (they asked me "what's the neat tool you have there?") when referring to the OMC alignment tools - and can't find any mechanic that wants to do it for $$$ either.

This is the only thing holding me up at this point.. The font and pictures in the service manual give me a head ache!!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
That is the problem with online manuals. You really need a paper one. That being said, they did change the procedure a few times since it came out and OMC published bulletins for the older drives/manuals.

The Hastings site probably isn't the best since they changed the procedure a little since it came out. Most important thing is to get the 2 tools. If you don't get them, you are going to have a tough time.