What is this part?

Arkman

Chief Petty Officer
A while back I bought a part for my old merc and the place I bought it from sent me this part instead. I emailed and called them. They refused to believe that they screwed up but finally gave me my actual part but didn't believe that I had this thing instead. I did my best and tried to give it back but they didn't want it.

I don't want to just toss it because it seems like such a waste, but I have no idea what this is. Anyone know what it is or what I could post it online as? I've tried searching the number but nothing boat related comes up.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Looks like an intake manifold.

To add, I surprised they don't want it back, they are not cheap.

Last edited:

Arkman

Chief Petty Officer
I am surprised as well. Like I said, emailed and called them. It was almost like they didn't believe me. I actually went back and looked in my email tonight and found a conversation from their live chat. They were convinced they shipped me my part which was a $5 gasket or something. There loss I guess.

Is there an actual part number anywhere i can use. I tried searching everywhere with that number that is stamped on there and didn't find anything. I don't even care if I sell it, I just hate to throw it out.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
That part lists for over $600.------Trouble is there is not much call for that item as it is not a wearing part.---Have about 20 of them laying around myself.

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
Think you feel bad? Imagine how the guy felt when he ordered a $600 manifold and received a gasket...:blue:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
They are selling for around $150 new on ebay.

If it were me, I would get a hold of them again and tell them to send you a pre-paid label and send it back to them, there is no reason to throw it away.

Last edited:

Arkman

Chief Petty Officer
That part lists for over $600.------Trouble is there is not much call for that item as it is not a wearing part.---Have about 20 of them laying around myself.

I will email them again but I dont know what part number I actually have. I have looked up the number stamped on the part and got nothing. Does anyone know what the part number is? What is stamped on there is 331835. That doesn't come up with anything on the google machine. I've found similar parts on ebay but nothing exactly the same. I'd really like to get the back to them or at least someone that could use it.

Thanks!