Evinrude Sportwin Year and HP

SwedeL

Recruit
I just purchased a Evinrude Sportwin with serial<br />#10302E-04484. I can not find a model number, the horsepower or year it was made. ???? Fuel mix 50:1? Anything special or problematic about this motor?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Evinrude Sportwin Year and HP

Hi, Swede.<br /><br />That's a 1963 10hp.<br /><br />Points: .020, Champion J4C plugs at .030<br /><br />Fuel mix is 24:1<br /><br />Good luck. :)

SwedeL

Recruit

Thanks, JB!<br />Does this motor have cotter pins? If yes, do you know the number?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think it does use shear pins, if that's what you mean, Swede, but I don't know the number.<br /><br />I would pull the one that is in it and get it duplicated at a JohnnyRude dealer. Carry at least 2 spares. It seems to me I remember at least one of my outboards in those days (all were JohnnyRudes) had a clip inside the bonnet for a spare shear pin.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

rudedriver

Recruit

i've got an evinrude sportwin with a crack in the lower unit just above the drain plug. will something like JB-WELD work on that ? if not, all i have for identification is a serial #. 10024A-01985. no idea of year or hp. any help would be greatly appreciated.