Experiences with brand new Honda BF20 (manual start with tiller handle)

josip_voyager

Seaman
I just want to share my experiences with boat and engine I bought before summer holidays, while it is first boat and engine in my life. <br />In July 2003, I bought new Honda BF 20 - manual start with tiller handle. Since I've sent the post in this group before, lot of people told me not to do it (in this power range recommendation is to buy engine with electro start and wheel). I was afraid before I've pulled the rope for the first time. But, engine started immediately. After that I always start the engine with just two fingers (Honda has decompression starting system). Even 4 years old kinder can start the engine. Also it is very easy to manipulate with tiller handle, while it is possible to regulate the force you have to use it to turn direction of the engine.<br />Engine has just 45 kg (which is less then for example two stroke Mercury 20 which weight 52 kg). No smoke, no vibration and very low noise. With my Quicksilver Heavy Duty 380 inflatable, I can reach 25 miles, and engine needs just 3 to 5 liter in hour. And sugar for the end: this combination costs only 4700 US$ in Croatia.