120 Force alarm

Spike/Hokie

Recruit
The overheating alarm goes off when I run my 120 Force at high spee for a brief period of time. I had the power head replced in Feb. 2002. Used the engine very little in 2002(Summer). I'm out of the warranty now now(90 days). The mechanic replaced the therostat;the alarm still goes off. The mechanic replaced water pump and still the alarm goes off. I had another mechanic do a compression check and he said everything was OK. He tried taking the alarm wire off and grounding it out on the manifold to see if the alarm was OK. The alarm wouldn't go off. The mechanic said it should have. The original mechanic said it might be the grommets and adapter gasket. I don't know whether I shoyuld keep trying to fix the engine. It's a bottomlees pit for my money!!

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: 120 Force alarm

Spike?Hokie, sounds like the wire from the engine temp sender to the temp buzzer has an intermittant short to ground, running at high speed causes enough vibration to short the wire and set off the buzzer. You could check the wire by grounding the temp sender end, turn the ignition on, engine off, wiggle the wire harness adn when the temp buzzer starts buzzing you found the problem area, OR run a new wire from the sender to the buzzer.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 120 Force alarm

Moving to Force Troubles