Alpha I Auto Trim,who has it and is it worth it.

ben2go

Chief Petty Officer
I am looking at options for an Alpha I I/O for the boat I am planning to build.One of the options I was given was auto trim.Is it worth it and does it keep the boat trimmed properly?I have only used manual trim at the controls.I am installing an auto pilot.Will auto trim be a good option to complement the auto pilot?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
This is the Non-Repair Outboard Discussions area. I will move the post.

Bondo

Staff member
I am looking at options for an Alpha I I/O for the boat I am planning to build.One of the options I was given was auto trim.Is it worth it and does it keep the boat trimmed properly?I have only used manual trim at the controls.I am installing an auto pilot.Will auto trim be a good option to complement the auto pilot?

Nope,.... Not really,....

thumpar

Admiral
I wouldn't want it with the lake we run on. There are sections where the tubers and wakeboard boats hang out. They make big wakes. I have a chance to manually trim in so the boat will cut through the wake. Auto trim wouldn't catch that.

ben2go

Chief Petty Officer
This is the Non-Repair Outboard Discussions area. I will move the post.

It's a non repair question.I am asking about options for a new boat I'm build,not repairing an old sterndrive.

ben2go

Chief Petty Officer
I wouldn't want it with the lake we run on. There are sections where the tubers and wakeboard boats hang out. They make big wakes. I have a chance to manually trim in so the boat will cut through the wake. Auto trim wouldn't catch that.

I won't be operating on small populated lakes,mostly the ICW,bays,and larger bodies of water.