Changing a seadrive to bracket mount

Wittsend

Cadet
I have a 1987 1.6L seadrive that I would like to change to the Stainless marine bracket with the swim platform. My motor has very low hours and runs excellent. Is this possible?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Changing a seadrive to bracket mount

Very possible. You will need a trim unit, swivel bracket, tilt tube (may as well put in a stainless one) and a set of clamp brackets from a V4 crossflow outboard. You may have to change the steering arm - depending on which one you have now. You will have to remove the gearcase then remove the bolts to the upper and lower motor mounts. The powerhead can be removed if that makes the mid section easier to handle. Now the mid section is seperate and you can reattach the outboard parts mentioned. <br /><br />Sounds simple, huh? Actually its not that bad if the motor mount bolt will co-operate.<br /><br />Good luck!

RKwood

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Changing a seadrive to bracket mount

As a fellow Sea Drive (twin '84 1.6l) owner, I'd be interested in the bracket and other pieces left over.<br /><br />Drop me an email note (rkirkwo1@email.msn.com) if your your interested in working out a deal.<br /><br />Rob K