Seafoam spray v. BRP engine tune v. Quiksilver power tune?

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: Seafoam spray v. BRP engine tune v. Quiksilver power tune?

Ring free by Yamaha

coolguy147

Commander

not sure about that stuff.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Each company will claim that their product is the best.
Let us know how your independent tests turn out.

coolguy147

Commander

Each company will claim that their product is the best.
Let us know how your independent tests turn out.

The seafoam and quiksilver stuff didn't seem to help. I'll let you know on the brp stuff tomorrow if the compression came up.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

OMC engine tune will clean that sucker up in a hurry. Spray into the carb while its running and keep spraying until the exhaust is clear.

coolguy147

Commander

Well, checked the compression today. Came out to be 162 top and 172 bottom. Good engine with only 10psi difference. It's weird, the other day everything read 10psi more than what it measured today.

phillnjack2

Ensign

Ive only used the quicksilver powertune, but it worked big time when i used it.

I thought my engine at the time was running pretty good, then i saw the product and asked in the
shop about and the fella who i knew pretty well said it realy works.
So i buy a tin and off home to give it a go.
Then i read it and obviously give it a little bit morethan it says on the tine, didnt bother about
doing it away from my fence.

Next thing i know ive a got my own personal area of thick black fog, lovely stinky black fog, then i
get neighbours out looking for the fire ha ha .
Anyway the next day after letting it also soak over night im off down the river, to find the engine will not start.
its not having any of it, take plugs out wipe them fire it up and agin thick black crap for a few minutes.
The i decide to give it a blast, running realy rough the wallop,in comes the power with a vengeance.
The powertune realy done a great job in cleaning up the engine, the power increase was very
noticabe on the holeshot.
the top end wasnt much different to be honest but the pull away was far better,time to plane had
completely changed.
Then i topped it up with fresh petrol and over the next few weeks i monitored the fuel consumption,
that had also changed for the better by a fair margin.
i personaly found like a 5-10hp type of increase and just a better engine all round after using the stuff.
I am going to try another brand soon if my local stockist has no quicksilver power tune.
We dont see the deep creep or seafoam in the uk,well not seen any myself, but im pretty sure its all
the same under different names.

for me it realy worked and the engine even sounded crisper

phill

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Have used Mercury's Quicksilver Power Tuner for lots of years, works fantastic well, having a 2 strokes, 2 cylinder engine, just need to remove 1 carb silencer; with engine sufficiently warm up spray short product bursts at fast idle, increase the rpm a bit and keep spraying product. Finally throttle to constant 2.500 rpm and give a full flooding squirt untill engine drops dead. Let soak for an hour, remove plugs, pull rope several times to drain product excess through exhaust port, dry plugs, put back in, go for a wot spin for 1-2 minutes to burn all product's left overs and that's it.

Power tuners are recommended when carbon guard cleaners & inhibitors are not frequently mixed along with gasoline, an effective way to keep your horse runing like a wild mustang is to apply this product at each 100 metered worked hours, after running wot, replace old spark plugs with brand new well gapped plugs. Will feel the overall engine performance more smoothie and punchy than before.

Happy Boating