Original paint color on '56 Johnson Javelin

KathyD19

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm looking ahead to refinishing the "lipstick and mascara" part of this motor soon, since I've got it working again. I know that the red color is "Holiday Bronze" but I can't tell from pictures if the white part is a true white or more of an off-white. If anyone has one of these please let me know what tint of white paint I need to purchase. Thank you!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Original paint color on '56 Johnson Javelin

I bet the people at this web site can help http://www.aomci.org/ but they do charge $50/for 2 years year to join :eek: and do not get the traffic that iboats gets.

You could also use google images but I do understand you really can not tell by the internet or photos which is the correct white.

Last edited:

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Twas gold and white. Gold cowling and white everything else except the decals of course. Go to www.oldomc.de.com or /de.com and look up a neat site that a guy in Germany maintains. It's full of sales brochures from the era and your question will be answered. Look for it in the 1950's index.

Mark

82rude

Rear Admiral

in 56 the javilen was holiday bronze and i think a cream white.The gold color was not till latter and it was called a golden javilen.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

in 56 the javilen was holiday bronze and i think a cream white.The gold color was not till latter and it was called a golden javilen.
Now that you mention it I do vaguely remember the color change. Course by the time I was out fooling around it was 58/59 time frame and a friends dad had one (golden) on a clinker planked boat. The boat was heavy and all (lots of stuff in it) and you had to have 2 skis to do any skiing.

Mark

Speedqueen

Cadet

The white is called "Spray White". Like the spray of the water.