Mercury/Mariner rigging hose diameter?

kwik_uk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi guys,

I've just ordered the cowl fitting (875266A 2) for my 1998 Mariner 135 (serial# OG740636) to allow me to use rigging hose.
I'm not using the Merc/Mariner rigging hose kit (32-825191A 4) as I need to use my own transom well grommets.

Can anyone tell me what the diameter of the hose is that Merc/Mariner use? I'd like to order some up so it lands when my cowl fitting arrives.

Thanks in advance :)

Mark

I got my numbers from this here

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mercury/Mariner rigging hose diameter?

My experience with the fuel lines is 5/16 up to 115 hp (currently have that on my 90) and 3/8 for the larger engines. Measurements are ID so the OD for you would be about 7/16 to 1/2 depending upon hose. Quicksilver squeeze bulbs fit both size hoses. I just redid my hose and bulb so the numbers are fresh in my mind.

Mark

kwik_uk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My experience with the fuel lines is 5/16 up to 115 hp (currently have that on my 90) and 3/8 for the larger engines. Measurements are ID so the OD for you would be about 7/16 to 1/2 depending upon hose. Quicksilver squeeze bulbs fit both size hoses. I just redid my hose and bulb so the numbers are fresh in my mind.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. It was the outer sheathing that I meant, like these pics below:

THRF-2-DP.jpg

rigging_6.jpg

I'm just not sure on what diameter hose the Merc/Mariner cowl fitting uses :confused:

Mark

kwik_uk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry sir, can't help you with that.

Mark

It's ok, I can see that lots of people use it, and lots of people sell the Merc kits, but it only ever tells you the length of the hose and never the diameter!! Really frustrating. Maybe it's to sell more full kits rather than just the cowl fitting. Or is that me being too paranoid? hehe :rolleyes:

I'll just have to wait till the cowl fitting arrives I guess.

Cheers,
Mark