Weed eater outboard

outboards115

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Weed eater outboard

Hi,
itried putting pics upon here last night but it said "file too big" so I'm lost on what to do.....Any suggestions?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

get a webshots page or a picasa page or a photobucket page, post the pic and copy the ubb codes here.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Hi,
itried putting pics upon here last night but it said "file too big" so I'm lost on what to do.....Any suggestions?

Get on Google or whatever search engine you use and search for a picture resizer ​and you can get one free. The optimum size for the forum that works fine (when you re-size) is 640 x 480.

outboards115

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm quite happy with this little motor, I think I've repaired the flywheel problem, so once it is fully up and running i'll have to post a vid of it.

outboards115

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If theres any sugestions on other features i could put on this motor, please tell me!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I have been following this thread and waiting for the video. Nice clean looking toy. :)

kfa4303

Banned

Cool little motor! I love anything DIY. A vid would be sweet!

outboards115

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank,
I've come across a new problem, The flywheel has a striped key, I thought I fixed the problem, I tried putting a new flyweel on yesterday but I found it hard to line up the little split-pin hole I put through the crank shaft and flyweel nut, also snaped a cooling fin on the flyweel so may not be any vids for a while.
Sorry:facepalm:

outboards115

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi,
I think I'll call the motor "the pelican" because looking at the size at the size of the prop, it'll probably push the boat as fast as a pelican.:p
Anyway not mych progress on this motor as it has been cold, wet and windy for the last week in australia, Ive been looking for a new engine and I think I might have found one with a clutch, I'll see if its still sitting out the front in a few days. may be able to do some work on it this weekend. Might give another update on Tuesday.

outboards115

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi,
I think I'll call the motor "the pelican" because looking at the size at the size of the prop, it'll probably push the boat as fast as a pelican.:p
Anyway not mych progress on this motor as it has been cold, wet and windy for the last week in australia, Ive been looking for a new engine and I think I might have found one with a clutch, I'll see if its still sitting out the front in a few days. may be able to do some work on it this weekend. Might give another update on Tuesday.

outboards115

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi,

outboards115

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi,

outboards115

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi,
Just looking for a kayak to put this motor on. Is there any suggestions on websights that have kayaks for sale? Still mot much work done on this outboard may do some over the weekend.

outboards115

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi,
Finally got the motor running, The gears work good, the tilting works good, the throttle works good, etc....Except the motor. It runs but it has no power. It overheats and sounds liike a four stroke (Its actually a two stroke). I might do some work on the carburettor tomorrow. I'm sure the timing is right. I'm not sure what the problem is but if anyone knows what the problem is please tell me.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

its only 1.6hp and needs high RPM to make that - there is no torque on a weed whacker motor. the piston is the size of a quarter.

put a smaller prop on it to get the engine up to RPM.