Help to identify Force Swirl Charged Combustion 125 "zom" outboard motor's year

AzDesertRat

Recruit
Help to identify Force Swirl Charged Combustion 125 "zom" outboard motor's year

I am in desperate need of Help to identify Force Swirl Charged Combustion 125 "zom" outboard motor's year?:confused: I am needing to sell dying husband's 1986 18' Bayliner Capri w/ Bracco trailer to help with huge growing medical costs, but I have no idea what this motor is worth. Can anyone help? Desperate!!

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help to identify Force Swirl Charged Combustion 125 "zom" outboard motor's year

Re: Help to identify Force Swirl Charged Combustion 125 "zom" outboard motor's year

Quite frankly, the year really doesn't matter much. Anything you get is going to be just a drop in the bucket. Bayliner/Force have a (undeserved) bad reputation and most people don't want to pay much for them. If you got 1500-2500 for your 1986 boat, you would be doing well.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Quite frankly, the year really doesn't matter much. Anything you get is going to be just a drop in the bucket. Bayliner/Force have a (undeserved) bad reputation and most people don't want to pay much for them. If you got 1500-2500 for your 1986 boat, you would be doing well.

Frank, what is she describing in this thread's title?

Thanks,
Mark

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Swirl Charged Combustion was just marketing hype and gobbledegook for the unknowing buyer. No Force ever made was anything but old school crossflow design.

As far as "ZOM" I have no idea. I never saw those letters and couldn't even begin to speculate. However, even if it was a specialty engine the original estimate still stands because of the market perception.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Swirl Charged Combustion was just marketing hype and gobbledegook for the unknowing buyer. No Force ever made was anything but old school crossflow design.

As far as "ZOM" I have no idea. I never saw those letters and couldn't even begin to speculate. However, even if it was a specialty engine the original estimate still stands because of the market perception.

Thanks. I have been away from the site for a few days and just picked this up.

Mark

gonefishin67

Recruit

Thanks. I have been away from the site for a few days and just picked this up.

Mark
The intake valve/port is usually placed to give the mixture a pronounced "swirl" (the term is preferred to turbulence which implies movement without overall pattern) above the rising piston, improving mixing and combustion. The shape of the piston top also affects the amount of swirl.

as per Wikipedia... it has been around for years =)

Last edited: