more power suzuki

ring20

Recruit
hello all, ive a 97 200hp suzuki, what can i do to get a bit more grunt from it? thanks for looking

Nathan k

Seaman
Re: more power suzuki

I know someone who fitted a racing exhaust from a XR2 to his 200hp 2 stroke, no idea on the make though.
getting the right prop could improve it.
there are also companys who can ramp up your engine. superchargers,air filters,advanced timing.
find a company on google who does this and find out what they can do with your engine, i have a feeling it's not cheap though.

nwcove

Admiral

when was the last time the motor had a REAL tuneup? if the powerhead is still strong, you might be surprised what a complete tune up would do.

ring20

Recruit

very low hours on this engine, in mint condition. in ireland not many places you can bring them really. any tweaks i can do? boysden reeds or the likes?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Best suggestion is to sell the motor and go bigger. There are no magic tricks and I highly doubt how low the hours are if it is a 1997 unless you have owned it for the last 14 years since it was new.

Bigger engine or sell the boat for a lighter one.......

ring20

Recruit

engine going to have to stay for awhile im afraid cash tight! know the history of the engine from new theres hardly 100 hours on it