Goodyear Outboard

ShafferNY

Petty Officer 1st Class
How's this for old. When I was in high school about 7 years ago, my guidence counceler gave me an old boat motor. I have no idea how old it is but it says Goodyear on the side of it, and it ran! I put in storage one winter and the bowl on the carb broke, I haven't tried to get it fixed since. What are the chances of getting parts for this thing?

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Goodyear Outboard

If you get us the model number,maybe a better discription number of cylinders,full shift,360<br />degree reverse integral tank.<br /> There is a very good chance it was built by OMC Gale devision.Depending on the year many parts are still available some even from NAPA.<br /> Your bowl may be tough to find but they are out there. <br /> Good luck.

krooked

Recruit

i have stumbled across a old goodyear outboard boat motor. the model is 2G2 serial # 79814. i was told it runs. i have no clue of the name or year made. ne info on this would be helpful

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

welcome to iboats. krooked , start you own thread. this one is 8 years old.

tboltmike

Petty Officer 1st Class

Could that be a Sea Bee? Blue cowl with built in tank and trottle on the engine front?

ddrieck

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I have one of those old Goodyear/Sea-Bee outboards. Been thinking of selling it off in pieces or as a whole. I used it on an old canoe when I was a kid. Never give me any trouble and ran strong for it size.

353924072_o.jpg

353924002_o.jpg

353923788_o.jpg

353924111_o.jpg

aganser

Petty Officer 3rd Class

If it's a runner you should sell it whole. They're worth more as sentimental value than as dollar value, either parts or whole.

Or you could give it to another kid and he can relive your past. :)

Bob