johnson cd 14 .....5.5 hp paint color?

nwcove

Admiral
anyone who restores/dresses up old motors? just looking for a good spray can color match for the reddish/ white paint scheme on a motor i just picked up. i keep looking at newer cars for a close match color but would like to get it as right as possible. i did see the right paint for sale......but for way tooo much $$. also saw pics of some motors that were painted bright red.....and it just didnt look nearly as right as i want things to look.
just hoping someone had good end results from an off the shelf can. (im hoping for perfection.......but will settle for a bit less! ....just like my wife did! )):p

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Re: johnson cd 14 .....5.5 hp paint color?

Google North York Marine. Their paint is better than outstanding and will be a perfect match. Besides color match it will apply well and last long. Every painter's dream. However,.....it won't come cheep!

Now you said "way too much $". If that is your main criteria, go to NAPA auto parts and buy the one on the shelf that matches the closest, or just buy cheep rustoleum and paint the whole thing to match.

Ya get what ya pay for!

Attachments

• IMG_1801john web.jpg
    IMG_1801john web.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 0

nwcove

Admiral
Re: johnson cd 14 .....5.5 hp paint color?

well, i got in trouble with the wife for buying the motor.......im told it wasnt a good mothers day gift!!!!! (i thought it was way better than the bathroom scale i got her for valentines day?!)
i think ill just look for some automotive paint that comes close to a match......maybe keep myself out of the dog house for awhile! lol