1965 Mercury 60 hp

Melrose

Recruit
Hi All,
I've got an old 1965 Mercury 60 hp outboard that hasn't seen any use for the past 15 years, (Fresh water) but was in excellent working condition when last used. I have someone interested in buying it from me - any idea on how much these go for? Thanks so much.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1965 Mercury 60 hp

[

Howdy,

Sorry you haven't gotten a reply to this!!

I am not exactly sure what a 65 Merc (650?) would be worth but it's bordering on an antique!

If you do a little searching around you may find one of the antique OB forums where people talk about this stuff...

I have wondered the same thing. I would really like to find an older boat with a white Mercury 6cyl on it! I just LOVE those things!! smoke and all!!!

You might do a little craigslist searching around the country too. there's probably a LOT of older engines for sale this time of year...

My feeling is that if it starts/runs good, and will make full power, it's worth as much as someone will pay for it! (I know that doesn't help) but it's the reality.....

Welcome to iboats!

Rick

chrome dome

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1965 Mercury 60 hp

G'day, son bought a running 65 hp of the same yr, in good nick with remote, cables and loom for a touch over $300 AU recently,
just FWIW..
cheers

p.s,
that's about $320 US,

Last edited: