Should I bore only one cylinder?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Should I bore only one cylinder?

Very true ODDD1. I once had a guy send me a perfectly good standard V6 crossflow block he wanted bored to .064 over. He thought it was going to be some kind of hot rod. I told him he was going to be very disapointed, which he was. He gained nothing. In the end we got the boat faster but did it with set up and a good prop. <br /><br />Oh well!

sandman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks all. I will visit my machine shop today. I will look at my carberators as my #1 suspect. Any suggestions on how to go about eliminating the carberators as the prime suspect? I disconnected my VRO last year and mixed my own afterward. I guess I could have gotten a bad lot of gas at my local marina. If you could give me some steps to follow on the carbs, I would appreciate it.

clanton

Rear Admiral

The weight of the OEM .030 piston is same as a standard piston, and the replacement/ boreing of one cylinder was approved by the old OMC for warranty repair. If you use a weisco piston it needs increased clearance or the piston will scuff, most of the machine shops here and Tampa add about .002 to a 150 piston. The men at WWW.screamandfly.com use a lot of weiscos and tell you the good and bad, and I think they have a new piston with a change in the ring locateing pin. If it was me I would bore both holes.