Recirculation valves on reed valve block

dixieray

Cadet
Which way is the flow. I ran a wire through two of them & now think I broke them. I could not get flow through them. I can't get low pressure flow into them to reed block or other end of hose into block. The choke also puts fule in block as same place 1" away.?????????????????????? Thanks for any input.

jegervais

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Recirculation valves on reed valve block

What motor? Typically fluid flows from lower cylinders to upper cylinders and the check valve is (usually, but not always) the lower one.<br /><br />-John

dixieray

Cadet

It's the posted 100 hp evenrude runs erratic.<br />It's e100tlcsc ser c7084348, evenrude 100hp v4 1980 from canada.<br />It has 4 plastic, screend valves-?, one on each reed valve on the Reed valve body and the small hoses go back to same cylender at crank case.

jegervais

Chief Petty Officer

Flow is from intake manifold to bypass covers. Hose routing is: #1 cylinder (on intake manifold) to # 3 cyl bypass cover (side of block), #2 (intake) to #4 bypass, #3 cyl (intake) to #1 bypass, #4 (intake) to #2 bypass. Yes, the fuel primer lines do go to the bypass covers. The check valve assemblies are all on the intake manifold (the also utilize a filter screen which could be carboned up) - you way have damaged them if these are the ones you ran the wire thru. I haven't read your other post yet, but its my next stop.<br /><br />-John

dixieray

Cadet

I have looked and looked but, but can't find n0.system for carbs or cylenders. would you mind telling me. Say as faceing motor or say as facing with motor?? Thanks!!!!

jegervais

Chief Petty Officer

Standing behind motor, looking toward front of boat:<br /><br />2 - 1<br />4 - 3<br /><br />Sitting in boat facing the carbs:<br /><br />1 - 2<br />3 - 4<br /><br />-John

dixieray

Cadet

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!