minn kota, bottom line, garmin, eagle, humminbird, vexilar, lowrance, zercom mar

singerjr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just picked up new issue of In Fisherman (thank God somethings aren't PC or it would be In Fisherperson) sorry I got side-tracked.<br /><br />There was a full page add for the new minn kota trolling motor, very nice includes auto pilot, sonar and concealed transducer with all wiring running inside motor shaft.<br /><br />My surprise was that all the names in my topic heading are all owned by Zercom Marine. I know that price and quality can vary within a companies line but how much?<br /><br />Also they have just about cornered the market on fish finders. I don't have a problem with it, I just found it interesting. Don't you.<br /><br />Just an observation FYI ;) <br /><br />With the knowledge on this board I don't doubt that some of you already knew this. :cool:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: minn kota, bottom line, garmin, eagle, humminbird, vexilar, lowrance, zercom

Re: minn kota, bottom line, garmin, eagle, humminbird, vexilar, lowrance, zercom

I didn't know that..Ya learn something new every day. I saw that MinnKota TM with all da bells-n-whistles on Bill the Dancer or one of them fishy shows. Kinda kewl, but i'll bet they will ask way too much for it.

BBogey

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just ordered a Minn Kota without the sonar transducer thingy ( :eek: ) it would have been about $80 more. After calling the tech people at Cabela's and asking just what in the heck this thing was, I did find it pretty slick, but not for me. It sounded great, but the #1 thing I want a depth/fish finder for is to help from hitting the bottom, and the trolling motor needs to be in the water to use the fish/depth finder...at least I think? :eek: <br /><br />Still waiting anxiously for my motor...come on UPS!!! :D

14riverrat2

Cadet

Capt_Ultra, Interesting observation indeed. Price and quality vary by how much? What about the incentive to innovate? It's a small world.

harrison20002

Petty Officer 1st Class

Humminbird---#3 Humminbird Lane--Eufala, Alabama<br /><br />Garmin International---1200 E. 151st.--Olathe, Ks. 66062<br /><br />Bottom Line/ Computrol---449 E. Corporate Drive--Meridian, Id. 83642<br /><br />Eagle Electronics---P.O. Box669--Catoosa, Ok.74015<br /><br />Lowrance Electronics---Joplin, Mo.<br /><br />Minn Kota Power Coop.---1822 Mills Rd. Grand Forks, Nd

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Hmmmm....The plot thickens!