difference between 99 ocean pro and ficht engines

snowfeet

Recruit
is there any difference between the ocean pro engines and the fichts? i am looking into getting a 175 hp engine and have read all of the problems about the fichts and would like to know if the ocean pros have the same problems. if anyone could help me with i would appreciate it.

MIKE F

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: difference between 99 ocean pro and ficht engines

tomahawk,<br /> I believe that Ocean Pros were Johnsons, and Ocean Runners were Evinrudes.If that's true(and not the other way around)then, if that engine is a 1999, it isn't a Ficht, and is carbuerated.<br /> I'm sure someone else will be along to correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

clanton

Rear Admiral

Ficht is a direct fuel injected engine.

round2it

Seaman Apprentice

Just bought a 2000 Ocean Pro, Johnson. Mine, and all that I've seen, which is only a small few are carbed motors. From Bomb's web page, it seems that the Evinrudes's are FICHT, Johnson's are carbed. My motor thus far has been great, 25 hours now.

MIKE F

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have to change my first post :eek: <br />I saw an Ocean Pro today, and it was an Evinrude, not Johnson.That means that the engine you're looking at is a Ficht.<br />You definitely want to find out. Lots of horror stories, about that year Ficht.