Johnson 70hp 4 stroke EFI any good?

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class
OK, I confess...I already bought it ! Was told it is essentially the Suzuki DF70. What's the difference between the 2 if any and does anybody have any experience with this particular motor (2002). Loved the color (white) hahahaha! Got an OK from the missus after I asked the salesman if it was a quiet motor (big wink) " Mam, the only thing you hear on this motor is the pee-flow". He's got a wife too I guess !
Thanks for any opinions
Frank

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Johnson 70hp 4 stroke EFI any good?

The only difference between the two engines is the name and color. The engine is indeed built by Suzuki and it has enjoyed a good reputation.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

different clothes.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I had a DF70 and it was the quietest, most frugal and most user friendly outboard I ever had. A real sweetheart.

I might have liked her even more if she was painted white and had "Johnson" on the cowl. :)

ziemann

Chief Petty Officer

To echo what has already been said, it is a fantastic motor.

Very fuel efficient and almost silent at idle. They are extremely solid motors. It is as smooth as you could possibly buy.... You made a great purchase.

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks for the info.....waiting for the maidentrip now....somewhere in April I guess. Warm weather, nice fishing and quit boating......is there a better life :)

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

oh brother........SMOOOOOOTH !!!!! Maidentrip done as you can gather :)

Rancherlee

Chief Petty Officer

Glad you like it, I'm hooked on Suzuki 4 strokes now because of my 98' Johnson 70hp 4 stroke. 1000+ trouble free, QUIET, FUEL SIPPING hours on it. so far its cost me a 2 timing belts, 2 water pumps, and oil changes which are all required maintenance items. I just with BRP had kept the 4 stroke Johnson engines going in the US, I love the white paint job!