9.9 Game Fisher

JR

Seaman Apprentice
Can anyone tell me the year my motor was built Model # 217-586261

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 9.9 Game Fisher

I will try & help......<br /><br />GameFisher?????????? MFG?????????<br /><br />What is it??????????<br /><br /><br /><br />------------------<br />"Keep It Between The Bouys" & "Good Luck"!!!<br /><br />fone_man

norman158

Petty Officer 1st Class

Game fisher is the name that sears uses for there outboard motors along with ted williams and die hard electric trolling motors .these where made by various manufacters including scott,eska, mecury and minkota(electric only)the model #can be broken down as such first 3 numbers (217)is the manufacters code next 5 are the retail stock number (58626)last number (1)is the production version number this was only changed when somthing was changed on the motor . yours is the second version (this number starts with 0 being the first run ) i would guess that this motor was made in the late 70s or early 80s. somewhere i have the manufacters code list if i find it i can tell you who made it hope this helps Rick

JR

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks Rick,<br />I am having a problem with the magneto.<br />Any help you can give me will help.<br /><br />JR

Yepblaze

Lieutenant Commander

Most all parts for a lot of the sears motors can be had as simply as finding the 1-800 sears parts number in the phone book and giving them a call.

Walter

I do not believe Kiekhaefer Mercury ever built engines for Sears, although they did build them for Western Auto under the Wizard brand. How that helps JR figure out what year and make his 9.9 is I don't know...<br /><br />I think it's safe to say most Sears engines were mfg. by Elgin...but certainly not all!<br />McCulloch (Scott) built many as well.<br /><br />My source says the Sears (Elgin) motors with the designation "571" were West Bend models. Those beginning with 574 were McCulloch. Perhaps your motor is newer than my book details. I'd be game for calling Sears and asking...I'll bet they'd be able to tell ya in a jiffy. I'm wondering when the name "Gamefisher" was given to their outboard line. Seems they used to be called just Sears.... ????<br /><br />Walt<br /><br />PS Is this an air cooled motor??

norman158

Petty Officer 1st Class

walt merc did make a great outboard for sears only problem with it was with the flywheel back in the mid 90s i was suprised and amazed when i poped the hood off the first one i had come through our repair center as soon as i find that code list i will post it for everyone Rick

JR

Seaman Apprentice

I have had the magneto checked out by the local NAPA dealer and it tested out as bad.

JR

Seaman Apprentice

I will call Sears this morning. Thanks to everyone for the help<br />JR

pinkmouse

Seaman Apprentice

chrysler made most of the motors,then force,thats why people think mercury did. because the last forces where called force by mercury marine.

norman158

Petty Officer 1st Class

jr i dont think your going to find one that way i checked the parts system yesterday and it came up as a no longer available part good luck Rick

Walter

Hmmm...I guess I've been working on the assumption this is an older engine... Didn't realize Force engines were disguised as GameFisher... My book only detail engines mfg'd into mid-60's.<br /><br />Let's see if we can determine the make and year...(actually, I think Rick is working on that) and then find a parts source.<br /><br />Walt

kansasmike

Seaman Apprentice

I had an 80's model Gamefisher and it had a Tecumseh 7.5hp on it. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh sorry just had a flashback about trying to start that thing.

norman158

Petty Officer 1st Class

ok jr i finally after searching through tons of papers called a buddy who still works for sears and asked him that motor was made by eska he couldnt narrow the year down any more that i could but at least you know who made it Rick