15 hp chrysler

reload

Petty Officer 1st Class
Have a chance to pick up a 87 for $275, runs good, includes tank and hose. What do you think?

Laddies

Banned
Re: 15 hp chrysler

Chrysler was not in the outboard business in 1987, Bad info. If I had a 87 Force or Chrysler 15HP outboard I would kiss anyone that would give me that kind of money for it

CATransplant

Admiral

It's hard to find any running 15hp for that kind of money. Certainly you won't find an 80s vintage johnnyrude 15hp for anything near it.

Are Chryslers great outboards? Nope. Are parts sometimes hard to come by? Yup. But...parts are available...you just won't get them at the local marina. Common stuff, like impellers aren't at all hard to come by.

If you can find a nice 80s Johnnyrude for anything like that money, snatch it up. However, if this 15hp really does run well, pumps water, and starts easily, it's just $275. Around Minnesota, you'd pay more for it.

That said, you should consider it a temporary outboard. It may last a year or five, but eventually, you'll dump it for something better.

reload

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yea thanks folks, you are just re-enforcing what I already knew.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Double the money and get a 15 hp 80's Johnson...then your grandkids can pass it on to there grandkids..