Cruise N Carry

Status
Not open for further replies.

murraygw

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I found a cruise and carry model 6700. On a small boat could they used for a trolling motor? Or are they not capable of it? Just curiuos of what anyone thought about thise model

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Cruise N Carry

they are air cooled, noisey, part are almost impossible to find. it's basicly a lawn mower engine. you want to listen to the lawn mower all day?? go with a small conventional motor, on a small boat you can't be a 4 hp johnson/evinrude, if you can find one. there one of the best ever made.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Best for emergency power only. Tashasdaddy gave you the best advice with the 4hp Johnson / Evinrude advice.

tashasdaddy

i also had one. use it in salt water one week on an inflatable. was toast afterward. the salt ate everything. even after washing down copmpletely. i didn't even try to part it out. trash man haul it away.

murraygw

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well I really dont want to hear a lawn mower.

murraygw

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I hate to bring up the Cruise and carry again you guys think it would sell on ebay for a profit or would shipping kill me?

Last edited:

tashasdaddy

chek them out on ebay. they do sell, it has to be running, and clean.

jmoorepghpa

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I hate to bring up the Cruise and carry again you guys think it would sell on ebay for a profit or would shipping kill me?

Murray I was born and raised in Texas and there are a lot of guys who have those little one or two man bass boat thingy-doo's. Those things were wildly popular for a while and there are a lot of them still around. They sold a lot of those litte cruise-n-carry motors down there too and I bet you aren't going to find an area where they are more in demand than right where you are. Put it on e-bay as pick up only and I bet someone bites on it. I remember guys who bravely (or stupidly) put 15 horse motors on those two man bass busters ............ wheeeeeeee!!!!!!!! Disclaimer: I would never recomend that but its entertaining watching someone else do it.

tashasdaddy

shipping is not too bad on them. box it.UPS, probably 20-30 it onlyu weights i think 20 lbs.

Whoopbass

Chief Petty Officer

Quoting a deleted post - Clean up.

Looks like you specialize in the finest outboard brands ever produced. lol

I assume you resale them on ebay. They pull a good price for what they are on ebay mainly because the buyers tend to be ignorant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Mahler

Petty Officer 1st Class

I like wacky underdog stuff, but I will try to say something nice about these little motors....LOL

I had a 3.0 Gamefisher which is the same Tanaka motor, for many years in freshwater.

The Good: cheap, very simple and therefore reliable, efficient, super light weight, reasonably powerful.

The Bad: not a quiet as an evinrude watercooled, a bit more vibration (single cylinder) plastic parts easy to break - shroud, air box etc.

In the end, a very handy little motor for backwater fishing. I could easily carry it around, and it moved a 12' jon boat reasonably fast.

10gaOkie

Recruit
Getting rid of the junk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.