Resale Value of 2002 Suzuki 140HP 4 stroke

jwserm

Recruit
Can anyone tell me what the low and high blue book value of a 2002 Suzuki 140HP 4 stroke is? Where can such information be gathered (all makes)? I am looking at the mentioned motor with 85 hours (85% fresh water use) for $8500. Seller is upgrading to larger outboard. I suspect dealer offered seller very low price; therefore, I need resale values to undermind dealer... I mean out bid sales person.

Thanks in advance,
John

Mike722

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Resale Value of 2002 Suzuki 140HP 4 stroke

NADA.COM Go under consumer and at the top is boats. One of the headings under that is outboards. These book and values will vary greatly. In the fine print it will tell you if this is trade-in, resale at dealer, or private sale value.

Mike

jwserm

Recruit

ricksrster said:
nadaguides.com

Thanks Rick,

NADA reinforced my suspicions that item was overpriced...by quite a bit.

Regards,
John

jwserm

Recruit

Mike722 said:
NADA.COM Go under consumer and at the top is boats. One of the headings under that is outboards. These book and values will vary greatly. In the fine print it will tell you if this is trade-in, resale at dealer, or private sale value.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

NADA reinforced my suspicions that item was overpriced...by quite a bit.

Regards,
John

JRJ

Commander

jwserm said:
Can anyone tell me what the low and high blue book value of a 2002 Suzuki 140HP 4 stroke is? Where can such information be gathered (all makes)? I am looking at the mentioned motor with 85 hours (85% fresh water use) for $8500. Seller is upgrading to larger outboard. I suspect dealer offered seller very low price; therefore, I need resale values to undermind dealer... I mean out bid sales person.

Thanks in advance,
John

How about $7999 + shipping for a new one? Check around.